Skip to main content

Bake a Difference for Pediatric Cancer: Mega Chocolate Reese's Cookies



Anytime that blogging can be used for a good cause, I'm all in.  September happens to be Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, and the folks at OXO are gearing up for their annual program benefiting Cookies for Kids' Cancer.

Cookies for Kids' Cancer is a wonderful program which makes it possible to easily get involved in fundraising to find a cure for pediatric cancer.  It's a program that I've thought about getting involved with for quite some time now, so I was thrilled to have the opportunity to participate with my blog.

You see, OXO will donate $100.00 to the organization for each blog post dedicated to this campaign in September!  Also, be on the lookout for OXO products with the following sticker attached: 


OXO sent a variety of cookie tools to help with all the cookie baking!

For every stickered item sold, OXO will donate $0.25 in support of pediatric cancer research, as part of its $100,000.00 pledge!

For my cookie post, I chose a recipe meant for all the serious chocoholics out there.  These cookies are filled with so much chocolate, that I couldn't believe it.  Have you ever made cookies that required 2 cups of melted chocolate right in the batter...Plus MORE chocolate chunks and cocoa powder?!?  It was a first for me.  On top of all that chocolate wonderfulness, a cup of Reese's Pieces was added to the mix.

Oh, dear.

If you love brownies like I do, then these cookies will be your new favorite.  The texture and taste reminded me so much of a chewy brownie...In the best possible way.  They were almost even better the following day, when completely cooled.  This made the Reese's Pieces stand out even more.  Just be sure and have a tall glass of milk nearby...It will be the perfect accompaniment! 

Bon Appetit, my friends!

P.S. - Learn how to host a Cookies for Kids' Cancer fundraiser HERE!



Mega Chocolate Reese's Cookies
Adapted from:  A Pumpkin & A Princess

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
4 eggs
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
10 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 cups semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
1 cup mini peanut butter pieces


Directions:
Melt 2 cups of semisweet chocolate over a double boiler or in microwave, set aside to cool.

In a large bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt; set aside.

In a separate bowl whisk eggs and vanilla extract.


Beat butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a stand mixer or with hand mixer for 4-6 minutes.  Beat in egg mixture for 30 seconds. Slowly add melted chocolate and beat until well incorporated.
Reduce mixer speed to lowest setting and slowly add flour mixture.


Stir in chocolate chunks and peanut butter pieces. Cover with plastic wrap and allow dough to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. This will help the dough thicken to a fudge-like consistency.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Scoop dough with cookie scoop and drop 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheet. Lightly press down on the cookies.


Bake for 10-12 minutes, allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes then transfer to wire rack.


Serve warm or allow to cool completely then store in airtight container. 




Pin It

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absolutely Sinful Cinnamon Rolls

***Alrighty, here are the cinnamon rolls that I mentioned in my previous post. I put these together on Christmas Eve, and then baked them on Christmas morning. Let me just tell you...there's nothing quite like the smell of yummy cinnamon rolls wafting through the house on Christmas morning...ahhhhh...so wonderful! This is going to be a new tradition for us...fresh, homemade rolls on Christmas. I thought that I might try this recipe, and then maybe try a new one next year...until I found one that I really loved. However, I hit the jackpot on the first try! This is THE recipe that I'll always use. UPDATE:   Since originally writing this post in 2008, I've  made these cinnamon rolls every year for Christmas!  They are a holiday tradition that my family looks forward to all year!  You can see my other posts here, with lots more photos of these sinful cinnamon rolls: CHRISTMAS 2009 CHIRSTMAS 2010 CHRISTMAS 2011 The great thing was that I could prepare them on Christmas

My Favorite Quiche!

***It's not often that a recipe is worthy of re-posting.  I think I've only done that once or twice in the entire time I've written this blog.  However, this is one of those rare occasions.  Back in 2009 when Brad and I went to Europe, we had the most amazing Quiche Lorraine at the incredible Les Deux Magots cafe in Paris.  It was delicious and was served alongside a yummy salad of fresh greens (Quiche Lorraine sur Salade Verte).  Oh, it was heaven on a plate!  It also didn't hurt that we were sitting on the patio of one of the most famous cafes in Paris, after all...haha.  The atmosphere and people-watching in that particular area are hard to beat. I'll never forget the elderly lady that was sitting at the table right next to us (the tables were situated pretty close together).  She was dressed to-the-nines, was all by herself, and was just the quintessential, classy Parisian lady.  I wish more than anything that I had tried to strike up a conversation with her

Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread - Southern Living

***There seriously aren't very many things that smell better than Banana Nut Bread baking in the oven.   Don't you agree?  This recipe for Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread from Southern Living magazine was one of the very first recipes that I added to this blog...back in November 2007!  In fact, I came across it when I worked for the magazine as a Marketing Intern.  Back then, I didn't have a photo for every recipe, and the blog post was simply the recipe and nothing else.  Because this is my go-to recipe for Banana Nut Bread (and because it is so amazing!), I thought that it deserved a little more attention.  This is quite honestly some of the best Banana Nut Bread that I've ever had.  An entire 8oz. package of cream cheese is added right to the batter, along with 4 mashed bananas.  The cream cheese adds so much to this recipe, with an incredibly moist texture being the main component.  Plus, the roasted pecans are the perfect addition.  Roasting the nuts brings out